The Columbia River Long Term Water Supply and Demand Forecast project team is preparing an updated long-term water supply and demand forecast for the Washington Department of Ecology, Office of Columbia River and would like your feedback. The Forecast team includes researchers from Washington State University, University of Utah, Aspect Consulting, and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. This forecast, updated for the Washington Legislature every five years, provides a generalized, system-wide assessment of how future environmental and economic conditions are likely to change water supply and demand by 2035.
The team will host a series of FREE public workshops June 21st – June 23rd in Tri-Cities, Wenatchee and Spokane. The purpose of these workshops is to share preliminary results from the 2016 Water Supply and Demand Forecast, provide an opportunity for public feedback and interaction, and gather input on possible improvements for the 2021 Forecast.
What to Expect:
• Presentations from researchers introducing the methodologies used and preliminary results found
• Q&A sessions with the researchers
• Open house, with time to explore results further and provide comments on the draft results
- 6/21 Tri-Cities – 1:30-4:30pm: WSU Tri Cities, CIC Rooms 120/120A, 2710 Crimson Way, Richland, WA
- 6/22 Wenatchee – 8:30-11:30am: WSU Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center, Overley Laboratory Building, Meeting Room 102 (Large Conference Room) 1100 N. Western Ave. Wenatchee, WA
- 6/23 Spokane – 8:30-11:30am: Enduris Training Facility, Training Room, 1610 S. Technology Blvd. Spokane, WA
RSVP not required but appreciated for planning purposes: email your name, contact information, and date/location you plan to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-663-8181 ext. 265. Those who RSVP will also receive links to the draft and final reports when available.
The draft report and directions for submitting public comments will be available at http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wr/cwp/2016Forecast.html. Public comments will be accepted from June 20 – July 20th.