June 4-7, 2019 at NCAR in Boulder, CO.
This training workshop will provide graduate students and early career scientists with formal instruction on the structure and application of the WRF-Hydro system and will offer hands-on experience in setting up and running the system for several different research and prediction applications. Preference will be given to applicants in the Academic and Nonprofit sectors.
Topics to be covered during the workshop include but are not limited to:
• Conceptualization and structure of the WRF-Hydro system
• Description of physics components and options within WRF-Hydro
• Model porting and compilation, and an overview of parallel computing with WRF-Hydro
• Hands-on model input data preparation and creation of an example test case
• Hands-on model configuration and execution
• Hands-on experimental model simulations and comparisons with a prepared example test case
• Hands-on example WRF | WRF-Hydro model coupled simulation
• Overview of the open source Rwrfhydro hydrologic model evaluation package with example vignettes
• Overview of model calibration
• Open discussion on class participant interests and applications
Due date: EDT February 15
For more information